As part of its belief in the importance of the library as a distinguished educational & cultural center and with desire of progressing, the school's administration takes care of the library by supplying it with updated and the most useful books and materials.
In AL-RUYA's library the students find books & materials that develop self teaching skills and educational, religious, and social abilities.
RBS library & media center consists of Arabic library, English library , and Audiovisual library ( Media Center ) contains a variety of collections of CDs, Audios, videos, and kits in addition to data show and PCs connected to the internet for students use. In addition to Elementary library , and Teacher resources room that contains a huge collection of resources to assist teachers.
Furthermore , RBS library has subscriptions with On-Line Data Banks such as Ebsco, brainpop, and edhelper which can be used by teachers and students for their projects and researches .
The library’s website:
OPAC ( On-line Public Access Catalo ) Information Portal is a software tool for library patrons that provides an easy way to search for library items, view or renew checked-out items, request or cancel holds for library items, view and submit changes to their user account—from anywhere on the World Wide Web.
The catalog is bilingual; you just click the language you want. You may search through all libraries or a specific library for example elementary library, middle & high school library, Audio visual library or teacher’s resource room. You may search by general index if you don’t search for a certain author, title, or subject and also may search for by Authors, Titles, and Subject. In the welcome page (Home page), there are three tabs:
- My account
1. Click on search tab.
2. Choose the search index you want to use from the Search drop-down menu.
General search , words in title , names in author , serial , ISBN , ISSN
- Library classes as scheduled .
- Before the beginning of the 1st period ( without permission)
- After the end of the last period ( without permission )
- At the recess time ( with a permission either from Mr.
- Students who like to visit the library, during an unassigned
time, should obtain a permission slip from their teacher.
- Teachers are welcomed anytime .
· RBS library organizes several activities annually :
1- Reading festival & Book fair : which invites publishers to show huge collection of books, magazines, and educational material to give the students the chance to buy the best books with the lowest prices, and includes many activities about reading introduced by the students under the supervision of their teachers in cooperation with the library.
the 1st festival was under the slogan "Reading for all “
The 2nd one was under the slogan “ A nation reads … A nation advances “
This year was under the slogan “ The value of anyone is what he is proficient in “
2- Read for your child : invites the parents to share the reading experience with their kids which may endear them to reading .
3- RBS library runs scholastic reading club , which consists of many sub clubs just like Arrow, Honey bee. We receive the catalogs monthly and distribute them to the students after been censored and collect them back from students after they decide on what books they will order.
4- RBS library organizes a book swap activity, of which asks students & teachers who have a book in a good condition that they would like to trade, to bring it to the library & get a ticket. On the day of the swap, they come to the library to choose another book.
- Be quiet & considerate .
- The library is a place for reading & research .
- Keep the library clean & tidy .
- No food or drinks in the library .
- Students should return the borrowed books on time; they must also keep them in good condition .
- Each student may borrow two books at a time for two weeks .
- Each teacher may borrow 10 items at a time for a month .
- Reference books cannot be borrowed by students .
- Students should return the borrowed books on time; they must also keep them in good condition.
- If a student loses or damages a library book, he/she must pay 5 KD for a paper cover book or 10 KD for a hard cover book, or provide an alternative one.
- Teachers may keep of books for the whole school year with written permission of the principal & the
- Teachers may keep of books during summer vacation with written permission of the principal & the HOD.
- Students will receive their final semester report cards only after all the borrowed library books are returned